Thai Massage is an ancient healing art that is given on a mat with the receiver comfortably dressed in flexible clothing. Starting from the feet & progressing to the head, the body is massaged & stretched.
In the West, Thai Massage is also referred to as Thai Yoga massage. Thai massage combines elements of Yoga, Shiatsu & Reflexology. Its whole body approach corrects postural alignment, energizes the body & mind, & feels amazing!
The basis of Thai massage lies in the theory of energy lines running through the body. Working on these energy lines helps to remove blockages & allows the free flow of energy through the body to balance the body’s energy system.
Research has shown that massage is a highly effective treatment for the following:
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Muscular aches & pains
- Stiff & aching joints
- Arthritis, rheumatism, osteoporosis
- Flexibility & muscle tone
- Fatty tissue deposits
- Poor circulation
- Build up of waste products within the body
- High blood pressure
- Respiratory system
- Digestive system
- Strengthen immune system
- Stimulates the release of natural feel good and pain-killing chemicals
- Headaches / migraines
- Anxiety / stress
- Emotional & hormonal imbalances
- Promotes relaxation, inner peace and contentment
- Connects body, mind & spirit